Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Nintendo Wii Unpacked - Entertainment

I have had the good fortune of being able to own a Nintendo Wii, especially considering how difficult, even now, it can be to find one. For those that don't have the Wii yet, and are maybe a little curious as to what is packaged in the box as soon as you buy one, I will provide that tutorial here.

When I first purchased the Wii, the thing that hit me almost instantly was how small the actual box was. It's really difficult to tell how big or small something is when you are looking at pictures of them, so I was a little surprised to see that the box was originally not as big as I thought. Ok, let's get into the meat of things.

What exactly do you get as soon as you open your Wii box. Of course, you get the Nintendo Wii. I have to say, if you thought the actual packaging was small, wait until you check out the actual console. The Wii is unquestionably the smallest of the next-generation consoles. I put the Wii against three GameCube video game cases, and I have to say, it really is roughly that big, albeit maybe a little bigger in terms of height and length. Still really small though.

You will also be getting a Wii remote, which once again, was a lot smaller than I originally thought. When I checked out pictures of the remote, I thought cool, it has an A button similar in size to the GameCube's A button, which I really liked. Nope, I was wrong. It's actually a lot smaller. The whole remote is small. That being said, it's also extremely comfortable and it feels good in your hand.

Another thing you'll be getting is the Nunchuck. This connects to the Wii remote and acts as your joystick with two trigger buttons. It feels solid and fits comfortably in your hand. You'll also be getting the sensor bar, which typically, will be place either on top or below your television. I have it placed on top of my t.v., and it's not intrusive at all. In terms of size, once again, the sensor bar is small. It is wired though, and while it doesn't bug me (I have it running along the back of my t.v.), it may be bothersome to others.

You can purchase other sensor bars without a wire, but of course it requires batteries. That being said, you probably won't need it. Besides your standard instruction manuals that come bundled with you Wii purchase, what else is there? I'm glad you asked, because that thing is Wii Sports. Yes, it comes bundled with a sports related video game. This article is not a review of Wii Sports, but I will say that I recommend picking up another controller or two if you can, because you won't be playing this game alone. You'll want to invite some friends over and throw yourselves a Wii party. That's it. Hope you enjoyed!





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment